top of page

DOT Compliance Services

Our company specializes in providing compliance services to businesses operating in the transportation industry in the United States. The Department of Transportation (DOT) has stringent regulations that companies must comply with to ensure safety on the roads and highways, and failure to do so can result in serious penalties and fines. DOT Compliance Exclusive Services helps companies navigate these regulations by offering a range of services, including drug and alcohol testing, driver qualification file management, safety audits, and regulatory consulting. Their goal is to ensure that their clients are fully compliant with all DOT regulations and are operating their businesses safely and efficiently.


Clearinghouse Registration

Clearinghouse registration refers to the process of creating a user account with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA) Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse is a secure online database that was established by the FMCSA to track and report drug and alcohol violations by commercial drivers.

LLC Formation

Whether you’re starting a new trucking company or looking to take the next step in your growing business, forming a Limited Liability Company is a popular option that helps reduce your personal liability.

Business formation is the decisions that need to be made when creating the structure of your business. Choosing between different business structures, such as a sole proprietorship, a partnership, an LLC, a corporation, and a non-profit, will impact the future business decisions you'll make for your business.

UCR Filing

What is UCR registration for?

The Unified Carrier Registration is a federally-mandated program that requires trucking companies or individual truck owner-operator motor carriers that travel interstate and internationally to register their business to obtain UCR Permits and pay an annual fee.

Carriers that transport freight across state lines for hire need a Motor Carrier Interstate Operating Authority which is represented by a Motor Carrier (MC) number. In order to activate your MC number, and be authorized to cross state lines, a BOC-3 form must be filed with the FMCSA. A BOC-3 designates a processing agent to serve as a legal presence in any state where you do business.

The process of activating your MC number can take 20-24 days, so it is important to work with a specialist to ensure the process is completed correctly. Contact us if you need to haul freight across state lines.

As a trucking company, you and your drivers are always on the move. Keeping your organization’s policy and procedure manual up-to-date can be a challenge. Yet, any changes in your operations, fleet, or changes to permitting and state and federal regulations will necessitate immediate updates that will need to be communicated throughout your organization.

Look to us to help keep your drivers on the road with up-to-date policy and procedure manuals.

IFTA, or the International Fuel Tax Agreement, is a cooperative agreement between the lower 48 states and Canada, which allows commercial carriers to average out their fuel and mileage to determine the quarterly tax liability. Similarly, the International Registration Plan (IRP) is a reciprocity agreement between the contiguous 48 states and Canada. It eases the process of apportioning payments of the registration fees carriers are required to pay based on the total distances they operate between jurisdictions every quarter. Managing IFTA and IRP registration and quarterly compliance is one of many services we can assist with and ease the burden on trucking operators. For more information 

The heavy vehicle use tax is an annual tax levied by the IRS on vehicles operating on public highways at taxable gross weights of 55,000 pounds or more. Taxable gross weight is a combination of the unloaded weight of the vehicle plus the unloaded weight of any trailers used in combination with the vehicle plus the weight of the maximum load carried on the vehicle and any trailers used in combination with the vehicle.

TCS will help you navigate the complexities, deadlines, and confusion associated with IRS tax or let you know if your company’s operations fall under one of the HVUT exemptions.

When it comes to determining your rates for commercial trucking insurance, the FMCSA is very specific. Depending on your company’s operations and driver experience, your insurance can be rather expensive or relatively cheap.

Our partnerships with insurance companies can help determine your commercial insurance requirements.

Any person who operates a commercial vehicle is expected to demonstrate they are qualified to operate that vehicle. This applies to all commercial drivers required to secure a USDOT number to operate their vehicle.

MedFusion Inkk provides all services related to DOT drug and alcohol testing, policy development, clearinghouse, and program management.

MFI works with more than 10,000 DOT approved FMCSA drug specimen collection sites and drug and alcohol testing technicians. These sites are located across the United States and Canada. Wherever your drivers are operating or wherever your business is located, there is a testing location near your drivers.

Our Compliance Specialists have the knowledge and extensive experience to help you stay on top of, and meet, all of the requirements set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).

Whether your trucking company has interstate or intrastate operating authority, with TCS Managed Services, you’ll have the industry expertise and guidance you need to ensure you are compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR.)

Your state’s Department of Transportation (DOT) sets the safety standards required for trucking companies to operate within the state. Yet, DOT compliance standards are updated continuously and differ significantly from state to state. Worse, the risk of accidental non-compliance can lead to steep fines and possibly the loss of business.

So how do you stay on top of state regulations and standards? And how do you determine which rules apply to your fleet of vehicles?

Regardless of which state your trucking company is in, our Compliance Specialists can help you get set up and running smoothly. We’ll monitor your compliance issues for you so you can keep your business moving.

In the trucking industry, failure to comply with Federal and State regulations can have a disastrous effect on your bottom line. And while remaining compliant is clearly in the best interest of every owner-operator, it can be confusing, overwhelming, and time-consuming.

With our Compliance Monitoring, you’ll have a dedicated compliance manager who has made it their business to take care of yours. They’ll keep up-to-date with quarterly tax requirements, permitting, driver compliance issues, and more.

Get the help you need to keep your business on the road for the long haul.

During the first 18 months of your operations, your operating authority is considered “provisional” and will not be permanent until you have passed the New Entrant Safety Audit.

We will walk you through the audit process to make sure you pass the first time.

A USDOT number is a unique identifier assigned to you by the Department of Transportation (DOT). This federally mandated number is used by the DOT/FMCSA, as well as insurance companies and freight brokers, to look up your company’s information and determine whether you’re in compliance.

Beyond the federal USDOT number requirements, some states have additional or different requirements. We can help determine what’s right for your situation.

bottom of page